(10% GST will be added in the cart for Australian orders only)
The Motorcycle Cruise Control unit is specifically designed for this vehicle, depending on the year of manufacture.
The cruise control connects to the bike's throttle using the cruise control fittings that are part of the throttle body. These fittings are there for use on other HD models that have factory cruise control. Our cruise control uses these fitting on the throttle body. If your bike has been modified check that these fittings are still there. See the brochure in the link below for details and a photos of the fitting on the throttle body.
The motorcycle cruise installation instructions and specific cruise manuals and supporting documents can be found here.
Please choose your model very carefully as shipping and re-stocking fees are expensive. We urge you to review and assess complete installation manuals to determine whether you are capable of installing yourself, or need to employ a professional before purchasing from us.
This MCCruise Softail kit fit all Softails from 2011 to 2015 fitted with Twin Cam 103 motor including:
- SOFTAIL STANDARD
- FAT BOY
- FAT BOY LO
- SOFTAIL DELUXE
- HERITAGE SOFTAIL CLASSIC
- SOFTAIL SLIM
(Some models have the ECM under the mudguard [fender]. This may require significant disassembly to fit MCCruise)
Images and PDFs supplied relate to our after-market MCCruise kit for the Harley-Davidson FLS & FXS Softail 2011 to 2015. The same cruise control kit with a slightly different wiring harness can be supplied for earlier Pre-CANBUS models back to 2007.
Download the Brochure now:
The electronic cruise control unit is shipped worldwide with all parts, parts list and detailed installation instructions for this kit.
Download the Parts List now:
The following information is required to assist us in delivering the perfect kit for your bike:
There are FOUR key differences between Harley-Davidson motorcycles which are important from the cruise control perspective:
- In order to identify if your bike has CAN-BUS or not check the wire colours on the rear brake light switch. See the photos above to assist with identifying the rear brake light switch.
- The wires to the foot (rear) brake switch on Pre-CAN-BUS models are orange/white (orange with a white trace) and red/yellow. The EARLY types do not have CANBUS & BODY CONTROL MODULE, only an ENGINE CONTROL MODULE.
- The wires to the foot brake switch on later bikes with CAN-BUS wiring harnesses are black and blue/green (blue with a green trace). These LATER types HAVE CANBUS & AN ENGINE CONTROL MODULE & A BODY CONTROL MODULE)
- This cruise control kit is for CAN-BUS models. A different cruise control kit is requited for the Pre-CAN-BUS models. Please make sure you buy the correct kit!
If your bike model year is around 2010 to 2012 check what type of ECM (Engine Control Module) your bike. There are two types, and usually the pre-CANBUS have one type and CANBUS models another, but we recently found an exceptions where a CANBUS model still had the older ECM. The ECM is mounted on the rear mudguard (fender), under the seat. Compare yours to the photos above. The Pre-CANBUS has a single large grey connector. The CANBUS models usually have two smaller black and grey connectors. If your bike has the Pre-CANBUS ECM tell us and we will supply the appropriate parts.
- We need to know the switch wire length required. This 'HD Control Switch Wire Length' document provides all the information needed for you to tell us what we need to know about the length of cruise control switch wires to supply in the kit for your bike. We also need to know whether the switch wires will be run INSIDE the handlebars (1" bars or bigger, only);
Please indicate in the drop-down menu above the cart button whether your bike has engine bars? You can see this becomes important because the cruise computer mounts on the frame on the same bolt that is used for engine bars. See the: SOFTAIL Brochure here for details on computer mounting with and without engine bars. This link is for a MCCruise review in Heavy Duty Magazine. Please note that the spliced wiring connections and the speed sensor shown in this article are not longer required, all electrical connections are 'plug in' with no cutting of wires required, and the speed sensor is no longer used.
Please specify the year and model of your bike when ordering - in the comments section of the Cart.
SEE CUSTOMER REVIEWS
Motorcycle Cruise Controls Reviews